Concentric Circles: Nurturing Awe and Wonder in Early Learning – Elma Ruther Harder & Muzaffar Iqbal
Elma Ruther Harder & Muzaffar Iqbal
PaperBack, 316 pages
7 x 9 Inches
This book can be used as a tool to guide our learning and teaching, and to revisit our orientation and infuse it with the Quranic worldview. It can serve as a springboard of teaching ideas, a resource book to direct the process of planning the learning experience, and as a route to ponder reflective questions about our experience as facilitators of learning.
What is the purpose of this book?
- provide an Islamic approach to learning
- focus on learning that is transformative in nature
- encourage those who teach and learn to reflect and reassess
- the ‘what’, ‘why’, and ‘how’ questions of education
In what ways will this book help us?
- re-affirm our Quranic worldview
- clarify our orientation and be committed to it
- decide what to learn
- decide how to learn
- develop integrated thematic units
- discover creative ideas for helping others learn
- become flexible in adopting, adapting, and extending ideas
- reflectively assess what we teach and learn
- reflectively assess how we teach and learn
- be filled with wonder and awe
What do we need?
- a desire to be rooted in the Quranic worldview
- the belief that we are each on a journey of lifelong learning
This book is also available on other websites, in case you cannot find it on the above link, we recommend you search on the internet as well.